Sunday 22 April 2012

Simple, not profound

I have been trying to make this first post profound and meaningful.  I have been trying to explain my reasons for beginning and the themes I hope to explore.  But in the end, as always, simple is best.

I live in my home (well, obviously...).  I also work at home, which means I spend most of my time in and around these four walls.  So home matters simply because it's the place I'm in most.  But I've also realised that nearly all of the things that matter to me either begin, end, or are completely enmeshed in, the notion of home.  And that the more time I spend working at home, the less I seem to separate my home self from my work self.

I don't mean that I can't switch off from work at the end of the day (although it happens) or that I occasionally find myself doing laundry or baking bread in between phone calls to clients (although I do).  Rather, I feel that laundry, computer work, gardening, making dinner, meeting clients and the million other things I do or aspire to do in a day are, in the end, part of my life and deserve equal attention and equal status.

This blog is about bringing together my favourite things, my principles and passions, hopes and aspirations, to weave them together into one unique life.  Whether work or home related, they will all be things which matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment